Whether you are a business owner who is seriously considering selling your business within the next three years or you have just received an unsolicited offer to purchase for more than $2 million, you have realised now may be the perfect opportunity for you to leverage true value from your business.
As a business owner, you’ve paid your dues working in the business — paying your staff before yourself, working over the weekends to do the accounts and not taking holidays because you couldn’t leave the business. You have built a company that you believe could be your financial retirement. And yet many business owners believe that getting a high price for their business is a matter of luck — luck in being in the right industry at the right time with the right buyer.
In The Exit Road Map, Oscar reveals 10 secrets every business owner must know to successfully sell their business, no luck required. Through case studies, personal observations, and research, he shows you how to improve your exit strategy, so you can sell your business for many multiples of its earnings. It can be a daunting task to exit a business successfully, but Oscar outlines the key issues necessary to avoid the traps that will result in a disappointing price, or worse, no sale at all.
In this breakthrough book, you’ll discover:
- What types of businesses generate a high sales value
- How buyers determine what they can pay for any specific business
- How mismanagement significantly reduces what a business is worth
- What the most important step is for building wealth in a startup
- The critical mindset required for a successful business exit
“Whether buying or selling a business, Oscar’s understanding of business operations and metrics will contribute significantly to your success.”
– Chris Carlile, Chairman, Rail Australia & Commercial Director, PA Consulting Group